Tuesday 31 July 2012

Milati

Milati means to "join" in Sanskrit. Today I feel things coming together. Joining.

Today was a day like any other, kids woke up, one tummy ache, one sleepy princess, and a very determined youngest-he knew what he wanted and did it. Sigh. Breakfast, moaning belly-acher who after the threat of the emergency room and some Pink Panther on Netflix felt much better.

Meditation- with kids safely ticked away with the Pink Panther, I did Day 16 of the Chopra Center 21 Day Meditation Challenge. It is a short, guided meditation. I have been working on creating a regular practice for about a year now, it is quite a challenge, but one worth taking.

Paint the nails/toenails of the Princess, send on to swimming, one to Grandma's and it is off to yoga for the Princess

Yoga-Tim Horton's for a bagel (Princess) and a not so nice latte.

Drop Princess, drive to work. Work. Hot Yoga. Home, Snack-Apple, Balderson Cheddar and Rice Crackers and here I am.

So what the %$%^* is this post about? Didn't she say something about joining? Milati?

It would have been very easy to be overwhelmed with everything I had to do today.

But I wasn't

It could have been very easy to lose my patience at work tonight.

But I didn't

I could have been very easy to judge/beat myself up/ feel frustrated with my Yoga Practice.

But I felt good. Peaceful. Relaxed.

All of the parts of my are beginning to join in ways I did not see before. In beautiful amazing ways.

Namaste

1 comment: